The Personal Support Services Program is designed to assist individuals in becoming more independent, self-sufficient, and active within their home and community.
Through one-to-one support with a trained League staff member, individuals supported by The League are able to discover passions, access social and recreational opportunities, and enjoy the world around them at home, within in the community, or while using The League’s state-of-the-art adaptive Wellness Center.
Participants and family members can request a staff member that they like or refer someone who may not already be employed at The League but would work well with the participant as they navigate responsibilities and solidify their sense of purpose.
If you are interested in enrolling someone in Personal Supports Services, kindly complete the online contact form and a member of the team will reach out to you within normal business hours (M-F, 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM).
***All services are funded through the Developmental Disabilities Association. Private pay is also accepted.
The League’s Personal Supports Services are tailored to meet the needs of each participant that we serve, providing great flexibility in scheduling and activities.
Our common areas of focus include:
- Mastering mobility (being able to access community resources, learning how to navigate transportation systems, etc.)
- Achieving wellness (physical and emotional health)
- Cooking/preparing meals
- Budgeting and money management assistance
- Establishing a personal network
- Engaging in fun and meaningful activities
- Developing functional behaviors
- Improving social and/or communication skills
If you have an interest in becoming a mentor to someone with disabilities, please visit our Career Opportunities page to explore the positions currently available within the Personal Supports team. You can experience what it’s like to work for an Employer of Choice with an inclusive company culture that values your time and talents. All positions come with a competitive salary and benefits package.
All referrals must:
- Enjoy working with people and have a positive attitude
- Possess a high school diploma or state-accredited GED
- Have a valid Maryland driver’s license with less than three points
- Be willing to undergo a criminal background check and drug screen
- Successfully pass a basic skills reading test
If you know someone that you feel would be an excellent fit with The League’s Personal Supports Services Program, please review the following referral requirements and pass along the contact information to Antoine at email@example.com.
- Chantel Stokes, Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office: 410.323.0500 x385
- Alison Pomeroy, Quality Support Specialist, email@example.com, Office: 410.323.0500 x337
- Tina Taylor, Intake Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office: 410.323.0500 x343, Mobile: 443.866.8356
- Antoine Burrell, Director, email@example.com, Office: 410.323.0500 x321, Mobile: 443.804.0979